Tim’s practice centres on insolvency, chancery and commercial litigation. As a senior junior, his considerable experience enables him to assimilate complex material and identify the key issues at speed.
When working with a leader, he provides reliable and cost-efficient written work. He is also commonly instructed to work with another junior, providing experienced advice and advocacy skills.
Insolvency & Asset Recovery
Acts and advises in personal as well as corporate insolvencies, including insolvent partnerships and insolvent deceased person’s estates. All aspects of asset tracing and priorities.
Company & Partnership
Tim has extensive experience in advising on practical solutions to shareholder disputes in private companies.
Acts and advises personal representatives, beneficiaries and disappointed family members, including Inheritance Act work.
In particular, disputes with offshore trustees, involving disclosure, professional negligence, asset tracing and fraud.
Wide experience in dealing with the Charity Commission at all levels. His extensive work with the Trustees of the Borough Market resulted in the Commission accepting that the Market is a charity and has contributed to the subsequent revitalisation of the Market in recent years.
Principally arising out of probate matters, including complaints about negligent inheritance tax advice.
Timothy Evans's notable cases include:
- (1) John Anthony Popely (2) Andrew Popely v (1) Ronald Anthony Popely (2) Cosmos Trust Ltd (3) Casterbidge Properties Ltd (2019)
- Sueda Yusuf (Claimant) v (1) Tanju Yusuf (2) Pekalp Properties Ltd (Defendants/Part 20 Claimants) & Ors (2019)
- Gary Joseph McDonald v Michelle Rose & 8 Ors (2019)
- (1) John Anthony Popely (2) Andrew Popely v (1) Ronald Albert Popely (2) Cosmos Trust Ltd (3) Casterbridge Properties Ltd (2018)
- D Ltd v A & Ors (2017)
- Jonathan Smyth v St Andrew’s Insurance Plc (2012)
- Nedim Ailyan & Mark Fry (Trustees In Bankruptcy Of Kevin Foster) v Lee Smith & Ors (2010)
- Philip Norman McCall v Revenue & Customs Commissioners (2008)
- Grace Ellen Carr & Ors v Jacqueline Isard & Ors (2006)
- Hill (As Trustee In Bankruptcy Of Nurkowski) v Spread Trustee Company Ltd & Anor (2006)
- Richard John Hill v Spread Trustee Company & Ors (2005)