Tim’s practice centres on insolvency, chancery and commercial litigation. As a senior junior, his considerable experience enables him to assimilate complex material and identify the key issues at speed.
When working with a leader, he provides reliable and cost-efficient written work. He is also commonly instructed to work with another junior, providing experienced advice and advocacy skills.
Tim spent his first ten years of practice specialising in traditional Chancery fields, principally capital taxes, trusts and contentious probate, and charities. He joined what is now Maitland Chambers in the early 1990’s, and his practice now includes insolvency, minority shareholder disputes and legal professional negligence (including disciplinary work).
- Ahluwalia v Singh  WTLR 1  WTLR 3 (CA) - a rare example of proof of a defective will execution
- McCall v Keenan v HMRC  WTLR 1823 (Northern Ireland Court of Appeal) - a case on the availability of Business Property Relief on land let for grazing
- Hill v Spread Trustees  1WLR 2404;  1 AER 1106, CA - a leading case on s. 423 of the Insolvency Act 1986
- Walbrook Trustees v Fattal  EWHC 991 (Ch) - strike-out on Henderson v Henderson grounds
- Walbrook Trustees v Fattal  EWHC 2808 (Ch) - a case on the burden of proof in unusual circumstances
- Kite v Rasini  WTLR 969 - an interesting case on undue influence
- Re Challinor  WTLR 1823- a recent example of an Inheritance Act case actually going to trial
- Popely v Ayton and Others  (High Court in St Vincent) - a successful attack on offshore trustees attempt to hi-jack the trust fund
- Julian Holy v The Law Society  EWHC 1034 Admin - an appeal against an unduly harsh striking-off order against a solicitor
- Carr v Isard  EWHC 2095 (Ch) - a case on the limits of severance of joint tenancies of land by conduct
Terms of Business
The clerks are happy to discuss the basis on which Tim will act in any given matter. In the absence of express written agreement otherwise, the terms under which Tim accepts instructions are The Standard Contractual Terms for the Supply of Legal Services By Barristers to Authorised Persons 2012 (as updated from time to time) referred to in the BSB Handbook.